Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The one-eyed cherub

Some works in progress before I head to bed:

This first one has been pulled apart and restarted about three times already, I have been measuring off the reference (illustration shown in the background of the photo) and I probably should be doubling the size. Just looking at this picture now makes all the obvious structural changes stand out to me like a sore thumb (another very good reason to post often, it forces me to take a more critical look at what I'm doing).


And this, well, I'm putting this one up cause I started it sometime in June, and wanted to give myself a little bit of motivation to finish it up. It is life size, which makes me really excited to see how it will turn out (I'm using a live model, so comparing it against the real thing should be fun).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These look nice! What kind of clay is that? I don't think I've ever seen that kind.

Is that David?

Jenni said...

I like the one-eyed Cherub. You are really good at what you do Em