Sunday, August 24, 2008

Progress...

I still have some superficial smoothing out/texturing to do, but as far as the anatomy goes, I feel it is pretty well done. All of the major wrinkles and folds are in there, and although I may build the brow up a bit further, the bone structure is complete. Do the eyes seem to be looking at the same point? I'll probably dream about a friendly cyclops tonight.

A quick note about the clay I'm using:

Chavant, Davinci Italian Plastilina, "...wax-free, sulfur-based sculpting clay which has the non-sticky, smooth feel of water-based clay."

This stuff is super soft and is extremely pliable, making it easy to rapidly cover a lot of ground. It gets sticky when the weather is hot and humid, and I've noticed that it has a tendency to sag and lose detail after it has been sitting out for any extended amount of time. I'm looking forward to using this clay in cooler weather.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice.

Man, I wanted to see the dude's nose! Anyway, looking good.

But seriously, that frog is creeping me out. Seriously.