Thursday, August 21, 2008

Work in Progress

Are there too many pictures here? I had trouble making up my mind.

#1


#2

#3

#4
#5
#6Photos #4 and #6 look very similar, which is frustrating to me because there was about an hour's worth of work in between the two. Must be time to stop and look at something else for awhile. I think it is typical for me to get hung up about this point, so when I go back to it I'm really going to make an effort to identify any major anatomical errors before moving onto the details (I caught myself adding some wrinkles under the eyes just before taking the last photo, which is waaay too much detail for this stage).

I think it might be a good idea to:

1. cover up the non-eye parts of my reference pic
2. focus on the arch of the brow
3. double check proportions by measuring
4. put on some music, cause that always helps

And here is my reference:

Philippe de Champaigne
Triple Portrait of Cardinal Richelieu, 1642


3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is really cool! Can't wait to see an update!

Unknown said...

Eewww! Your picture has a frog in it! Eww eww eeww!

Emily Anne said...

Well, at least I didn't use the shot of me kissing the frog. I can send that one to you if you like :-P